Tartan Footprint helps you connect and share with Scottish people in your life.

Looking for family connections Highland and Glasgow.

I am currently working on my family tree,names i am researching are....Boyle,Kilkie,Daly,Bruce,MacRae,Murchison,MacDonald,McGinlay.My dad is Boyle,Kilkie,McGinlay,Daly and from Ireland and Glasgow Scotland.My mother is Bruce,MacRae,Murchison and MacDonald.They originate from Portree isle of Skye and other places around Skye,Dornie where my great granmother was a MacRae who's husband John MacDonald (my great grandad) worked on the restoration of Eilean Donan Castle in the early 20th century,they then moved on to Fort William where my mum met my dad,he was what you call crofted out as a child,they married and eventually moved South to the Midlands.

Tommy Boyle said...

I am currently working on my family tree,names i am researching are....Boyle,Kilkie,Daly,Bruce,MacRae,Murchison,MacDonald,McGinlay.My dad is Boyle,Kilkie,McGinlay,Daly and from Ireland and Glasgow Scotland.My mother is Bruce,MacRae,Murchison and MacDonald.They originate from Portree isle of Skye and other places around Skye,Dornie where my great granmother was a MacRae who's husband John MacDonald (my great grandad) worked on the restoration of Eilean Donan Castle in the early 20th century,they then moved on to Fort William where my mum met my dad,he was what you call crofted out as a child,they married and eventually moved South to the Midlands.

Have you visited the grave yard at clachan duich ( think that's the name) near dornie? There's an old graveyard and a newer one behind it. We have taken several photos around the old graveyard.

Have you visited the grave yard at clachan duich ( think that's the name) near dornie? There's an old graveyard and a newer one behind it. We have taken several photos around the old graveyard.

I was in Dornie of the summer of 2012 and did visit Clachan Duich but only very brief as the weather was terribly wet,unfortunatly my partner Patricia was not as keen as i was to be camping so we headed back towards Fort William.Thank you Tartan Footprint,i will be going back hopefully this summer.How new is the new cemetery? i never got a chance to look.

I'm sure we have many photos, it was a cracking day when we were there ill dig them out and post them on she clan MacRae page

Have you looked at find a grave?

Here is their info on clachan duich. http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gsr&...

Tommy Boyle said...

Have you looked at find a grave?

Here is their info on clachan duich. http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gsr&...

Wow! lots of names that match up with names in my family tree and they are from this area.Shame i cant be guaranteed they are the same ones.