Tartan Footprint helps you connect and share with Scottish people in your life.

Family history

I have been researching my Scottish ancestry for a number of years now, and have been very sucessful so far.  The only stumbling block is trying to find the grave of my ggg grandmother who died in Ayr during childbirth in 1822 age 19.  I have tried various genealogy societies in Scotland, and enquired through libraries in Perth and Ayr, cemeteries etc. to no avail.  I was told that she was buried in Alloway Old Kirk cemetery, but have not been able to have that confirmed.  My enquiries have been online as I am in Australia.  Can anyone give me any clues where I could try next.

Many thanks

Pauline Campbell

Do you have a name? There are sites like Find A Grave but i checked Alloway cemetary and it only has 4 graves recorded there. There is another site that sells CDs of images from grave stones in Scotland  but they have not recorded that one yet, maybe you could email them and see if its on their schedule.

Do you have a name? There are sites like Find A Grave but i checked Alloway cemetary and it only has 4 graves recorded there. There is another site that sells CDs of images from grave stones in Scotland  but they have not recorded that one yet, maybe you could email them and see if its on their schedule.

thank you for your response to my enquiry.  Yes I do have her name, and her parent's names, it is a bit of a mystery and I will just have to plod on and keep trying.  The CD sounds interesting.